Best Electric Mowers
There are many brands of lawn mowers available, and as the technology improves, so do the lawn mowers. 20 years ago it was very uncommon to find electric mowers, but with some carbon dioxide and greenhouse gasses polluting the air. Some local and state governments have passed laws requiring more electric lawn mowers and weed eaters. In the long run an electric lawn mower is cheaper than a gas lawn mower. The overall cost a gas mower is expensive over time with purchasing gasoline, spark plugs, fuel filters, oil, etc. Which are the best electric mowers?
Which is the Best Electric Lawn Mower?
Several factors were considered to determine the best electric lawn mowers. The variables are listed as:
- Cost – Corded electric mowers are cheaper to than cordless mowers. The cost of lithium batteries does increase the cost for cordless considerably. If you have a small yard and don’t mow very often. It would ideal to purchase a smaller corded mower to cover a small area. For larger areas and denser grass, there are quite a few model that have lithium batteries that can handle large lots and heavy grass.
- Size and Weight – Corded electric mowers typically are less weight because they do not need a heavy battery to run. Electric mowers with heavy duty Lithium battery’s can weight as much as 90 lbs.
- Power Output – The down side to electric mowers in the past were, they could not create the same power that gasoline mowers could. This is not the case now a days.
- Durability – Many electric mowers are typically made with a combination of plastic and metal which reduces weight. Since they do not use gasoline (combustion) engines, which get very hot
- User reviews – User reviews are a large part of online shopping these days.
Top 5 Mowers
EGO Power+ 20″ 56V Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn Mower – Many reviews say this mower in like a Telsa car. Well engineered and lots of power. This particular model does not include a battery or charger. Initial price is around 600.00 with charger and battery, however the feature are plenty with 3-in-1: mulching/bagging/side discharge, and its folding storage capability.
Greenworks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Lawn Mower. Durable 20-Inch Steel Deck, Powerful 12 Amp Motor
3-In-1 (Mulching, Side Discharge, and Rear Bag).
7 position single lever height adjustment foldable handles for compact storage, 10-Inch rear / 7-Inch front wheels 4-year tool warranty.
Retails for about $160.00
There are two main varieties of electric mower—corded and battery-powered, each of which raise a different obstacle. Corded models have a limited range, which makes them impractical if you have a large lawn. Battery-powered mowers, on the other hand, generally don’t have a long battery life, usually requiring a recharge after roughly an hour. This, too, can make mowing a large lawn troublesome.
Finally, electric mowers simply aren’t as powerful as gas mowers. So, if you expect to cut especially thick grass, opt for a gas mower.
I like writing articles specializing in gardening topics related to Texas lawn care, landscaping, planting and more…
Published on August 5th, 2018
Updated on August 5th, 2018