Outdoor Hardscape Ideas
Let The Hardscaping Begin!
In landscaping a home or business a major part of the design is the hardscaping. Hardscape is the use of solid materials around areas, like patios, fencing and walkways, in addition makes your yard more usable and private. Hardscaping tips and ideas will also help accent your plants, flowers and other softscape elements.
- Concrete – Strategically placed can provide great separations between your hardscape and softscape features.
- Brick – Offers many possibilities for your landscaping. Multiple sizes, colors and shapes will only enhance your hardscape design.
- Stone – Variety of looks and style for you to choose from. Aged and rustic to modern and rugged.
- Wood – Lumber and dead logs are your medium of choice, but can also be used with stones, brick and concrete to create your dream landscape.
- Metal – Sculptures, old machines, iron fences, metal patios are just a few things you can use.
- Firepit-HardscapeWhat is better than lounging around a warm fire on cool night with family and friends?
- Smalll-Pond-Hardscapethe sound of running water is very calming and will make you landscape stand out and enhance the you hardscaped feature as well.
- Stone Pathway HardscapeStone pathways are very unique in there own way. Every path leads somewhere and this stone pathway looks like a pleasant to be had.
- Retaining Walls and PondsThe large amount of stones used to create this beautiful scene is well worth the cost.
- Retaining Walls and StaircaseSmaller stone enhances this landscape's flower beds and garden while the large stones create a nice stairway and path.
Not a simple project!
Hardscaping can be labor intensive and a lot of work. With the best weather conditions, hardscaping projects are grueling sometimes even with small projects. This is the reason most projects are started in the early spring and summer months, unless you live in the southern states and this will allow more time to complete some lengthier projects. Yes, there will be hard work involved, but even some mundane projects can be finished off with an artistic flare.
Outdoor hardscaping ideas for projects, take measures to ensure your safety. For example, when lifting heavy stone, you will want to wear a back brace. Likewise, when operating a power saw to cut lumber for a fence, safety glasses are a must. For the really heavy stuff making use of heavy equipment rentals will free you up to undertake the more interesting and artistic aspect of hardscaping.
If you would like to have a yard or patio completed, but do not know where to begin? Not to worry, TLC Landscapes is here to help. Landscaping is our world and we love it! Contact us today for a consultation and a custom quote.
Published on May 23rd, 2017
Updated on May 31st, 2017